Friday, March 27, 2009

Greeny

Our newest acquisiting is a Green Bubble Tip anemone (Entacmaea quadricolor) named "Greeny." The name has as much to do with it being green as it does with Mike Greenberg from ESPN's Mike and Mike in the Morning. Hopefully I can find something fat to call Golic.

I wanted to get a bubble tip anemone as soon as I bought Red because they host Tomato Clowns. There was only one problem: they are usually pretty expensive. The wholesaler who sold me Red was selling them for $50 which is way out of my league. Luckily I stumbled upon a guy on craigslist who was selling off his fish. I stopped over at his place (which was actually in the neighborhood!), saw Greeny, and $5 later--yes, $5 later--Red has a really cool new friend.

Unfortunately, Greeny has planted himself behind the rock wall. The problem with anemones is that they can just get up and walk to whereever to whereever they feel comfortable. In the end, I'll probably have to rearrange the aquascaping entirely so that we can all see and appreciate this thing. For now, though, here's the best I can do:


Unfortunately you're only seeing about a quarter of the whole anemone. Hopefully it'll go for another walk tonight to somewhere a little more visible, otherwise I'll be stuck trying to rearrange, which, to put it lightly, is a real pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment