Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Strange

I've been pretty worried about Greeny since I bought him. Granted, he was five bucks, so if anything were to happen to him, I'd be over it quickly. On the other hand, he was 5 bucks, and it's not every day that you get a GBTA for a tenth of what they cost (Living Sea was selling them as a special this week for $60.) Moreover, he makes a great friend for Red, and I'd love for it to be around in three weeks when Red is reintroduced to the tank.

In any case, I'm always a bit worried about Greeny. For starters, my lighting stinks. I'd get about 3 watts per gallon if my bulbs were new (as opposed to waaaay old) and if I didn't have a glass top on. I have no idea what the proper water flow would be for an anemone, and just figure that it'll move to where's its comfortable. And I'm never sure if it's eating enough.

So today, when Greeny began to shrivel up randomly in the middle of the day, I got a bit worried. Was that it? A week and the thing has decided to die on me??? Well, rest assured, he's okay. Apparently he just needed some shrivel time. Right now he's back to normal, as if nothing ever happened. Jerk.

1 comment:

  1. Hey thanks for the nice comment on my blog!

    Bubble tip anemones do shrink from time to time to flush out old water and bring in new water. Your's looks like it is bleached so keep an eye on it. Your lighting is on the weak side so hopefully he moves up to the top. Keep it fed to help offset the weak lighting.

    Good luck with the ich.

    ReplyDelete